- At all times, drivers should focus on traffic and safety of students. Drive slowly!
- Cell phones are a major distraction and are discouraged.
- Do not get out of your vehicle at any time unless your vehicle is off and parked in a designated area.
- Do not try to have a conversation with Faculty/Staff who are on duty.
- Students should get in and out of vehicles ONLY on the passenger side.
- When exiting on Cherokee Road, you must turn right only between 7:30-8:15 AM and 2:45 - 3:00 PM.
- Students arriving between 7:30 and 7:50 will report to the main hall. A staff member will be on duty.
- Please use the Cherokee Road arrival route.
- All students are to be in their classrooms by 8:05 AM. Parents must sign students in after 8:05 AM.
- There are two arrival routes to our school: Cherokee Road (front entrance) and Woods Road (back entrance). It is best to get to Woods Road directly from Seneca (road connecting Woods and Palmetto.)
- Cherokee Road (Front Entrance) - This is the entrance for all Kindergarten through 2nd grade students AND any carpool that includes a student in Kindergarten through 2nd grade. Drive around to the designated drop off points in front of the Classroom Building. Faculty/staff members on duty will supervise students as they get out ONLY on the passenger side.
- Woods Road (Back Entrance) - This entrance is only for 3rd through 6th grade students. Do not arrive at this back entrance earlier than 7:50 AM. This is very important. Staff is not on duty until 7:50 and we do not want to interfere with the Royall School traffic. Proceed to designated drop off points. Faculty/staff members on duty will supervise students as they get out ONLY on the passenger side.
- Students are dismissed at the same point of their arrival.
- All 3K and 4K half day students are dismissed at the front entrance at 11:50 AM.
Do not come for this dismissal before 11:35 AM!
- Full day 4K, 5K students, 1st – 6th grade students are dismissed at 2:45 PM.
Do not come for this dismissal before 2:30 PM!
- Students in the After School Activity Program go directly to the assigned rooms. Kindergarteners go to Room 108 (Classroom Building); 1st – 6th graders go to the Multi-Purpose Building. Note: Kindergarten students who are in the After School Program until regular dismissal at 2:45 PM are picked up through the car line.
- Students who are not picked up within 15 minutes of their dismissal time will go to the After School Program (Kindergarten: Room 108; 1st – 6th: Multi-Purpose Building).
- Rainy day dismissal is slower. Be patient! Students are dismissed as usual, but will be called from the covered walkway or from inside the buildings.
The Cherokee Road parking lot is available at all times for parents who want to attend Chapel or other school functions. There are other designated parking spaces around the driveway.